First up, we’ve won an award!
The charming Gizmo, of Terrier Torrent nominated My Imperfect Dog for the
Now, aside from thanking Gizmo and posting the award image, I’m supposed to tell you seven random things about myself. I’ll tell you seven random things about Silas, instead, because I am a boring person to the core.
1) Silas is obsessed with the throw pillows that go on the sofa. And by “go on the sofa” I mean “sit on top of all the high furniture, until a human gets one down to take a nap.”
2) Silas’s ears didn’t stand up until he was about 16 weeks old. It was a gradual process, too, and for a while one ear was definitely more up than the other.
3) Nothing in our house that is within dog reach still has a fiber content tag.
4) Silas will beg for grapefruit, which I eat unsweetened. The ineffectiveness of Bitter Yuck spray now makes perfect sense.
5) Silas prefers natural peanut butter to Jiff.
6) I absolutely can’t teach him to turn around in a circle, one of the easiest dog tricks ever. He gets halfway around and then turns back the other way. I imagine him saying “this trick is stupid.”
7) Once Silas is done with something, he is DONE. You will not coax him, unless he’s in the park and you encourage him to go get in the car.
Now then, I’m also supposed to nominate 15 blogs to get this award, to which I say YEESH. I don’t think I have fifteen people in my feed who haven’t already won the award. I will send it along to
I know people have been doing pretty graphics for this award, but I really like something I can just click on, you know?
Secondly, I’m sorry I’ve dropped out of all my blog commenting lately. Forgive me! I’ve been trying to cut back my computer time, and while I’m still reading blogs I haven’t mastered commenting without committing major time. That’s especially true for blogspot blogs, which won’t let me comment from my smartphone.
Lastly, I’m planning to do some very general raw food posts in the upcoming week or two. I’ve just read a fantastic book about it, which I’ll be reviewing and giving away a copy of, and it inspired me to clarify a few things that really confused me as a newbie. Don’t worry. I won’t be posting pictures of Silas chowing down on weird animal parts, and I’m not planning a persuasive “This is why you should do this” post.